I have used Vellas Jewelry several times. I had him make my Mom a Mother's Day Ring, My Wedding Bands, and a Ring I bought for myself.

This MAN IS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!!!! My wedding Bands were supposed to be WHITE GOLD and THEY ARE TURNING!! I TOOK THEM TO 4 PAWN SHOPS TO TRY TO SELL AND NO ONE WOULD BUY OR EVEN LOAN MONEY ON THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT REAL GOLD!!!!!I WENT TO RON AND TOLD HIM NO ONE WOULD BUY THE RINGS,HE TOOK THE MANS BACK FOR $70-I PAID $350. HE KNEW IT WASN'T REAL SO HE DIDN'T WANT ME TO HAVE IT!!!!

THE RING I HAD MADE FOR MYSELF WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE A SMOKED DIAMOND IN IT AND WHEN I GOT IT-- IT HAD A PURPLE STONE- I mentioned it to him immediately and he said that is what you ordered and and that was a smoked diamond (WHY IS IT PURPLKE THEN?) it wasn't what I ordered-I HATE PURPLE!!!!!-I was in a hurry to get to work so I just took it with me because I was afraid he would take out the diamonds in it and so I just tried to be happy--I kept it a long time and never even wore it. so finally- I TOOK IT BACK AND TOLD HIM I WAS UNHAPPY HE SAID HE WOULD PUT A BLACK DIAMOND IN IT -showed me the diamond he was going to use-HE FLAT OUT LIED TO ME!!!!! IT TOOK 2 WEEKS TO GET IT BACK AND I'M SURE IF I WAS TO TAKE IT TO ANOTHER JEWELER THEY WOULD SAY THE DIAMONDS WERE FAKE TOO BECAUSE ONE OF THEM HAS FALLEN OUT SO I BELIEVE HE CHANGED THEM OUT!!! I have never had a problem with them before!!!!THE STONE LOOKED BLACK IN THE STORE BUT IT IS DARK GREEN!!!!

I WAS SO MAD !!!!!ANYONE THAT HAS EVER USED THIS GUY IS GETTING SCREWED--TAKE IT TO SOMEONE AND SEE IF ITS REAL I PROMISE IT'S NOT!!!! AND I GUARANTEE HE KNOWS WHO WROTE THIS!!! THANKS RON FOR SCREWING ME OUT OF $2000 I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT AND I WILL TELL ALL ABOUT YOU I PROMISE!!! I have bought so many pieces of jewelry here that it makes me sick to even look at it.

And now that I doin't want it I can't even sell it because its junk. I have never been so disappointed in my life. This guy acts like he is honest and good but he is definitely not.

I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO TRUST ANY JEWELER AGAIN BECAUSE OF YOU --- AND I HAVEN'T BOUGHT A PIECE SINCE!!!! THIS IS TERRIBLE TO DO TO YOUR HARD WORKING CUSTOMERS THAT ARE KEEPING YOUR SORRY BUTT IN BUSINESS!!!~ YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF RON VELLA!!!!!!!~~

Comments

Couponjen324

I would always encourage you to do your homework on stones before you make a purchase. Black diamonds appear very differently in color based on cut, quality and lighting.

Had you had this information in mind prior to placing your order I think it certainly would have helped you avoid some frustration. I have a black diamond ring that I ordered and was surprised when the outcome was somewhat green. I have actually come to love my ring. I did a quick Google about the color of the stones and this was very helpful:

All that being said, you paid for and left with first a purple tinted diamond and second a green tinted diamond.

It seems that you should have not left with and paid for an item you were dissatisfied with but maybe had an honest conversation with your local jeweler about what you are looking for. Local jewelers are typically more reliable and easier to talk with than national stores who will ship your items out.

Just my opinion of course. Good luck with your future jewelry purchases!

1drelvis

My review Pissed at Ridiculous Accusations is buried while Rip Off is easy to find. That tells me a lot.

I will say again I have done business with Mr.

Vella for over 20 years, has the utmost honesty and integrity, is a genius at his craft, and makes it possible for ordinary people to own one of a kind extraordinary jewelry. In my travels I have had to use other jewelers, and not once has anything been found less than real gold and genuine high quality stones,

1drelvis

I challenge you to give Mr. Vella a chance by returning this stuff for a refund if you really bought it from him and have receipts. He has always been fair and honest and done great work for me,and if I had a problem, (like s stone falling out,) he fixed it quickly.

to Anonymous #1260249

Yes! Jewelry wears out, sometimes quickly depending on how you wear it.

Lotion, hair spray, sanitizer, doing dishes, tapping your hands on counters.... it's so hard on jewelry.

I know because I ripped my diamond out of my engagement ring putting a hairtie in. If you have your receipt and talk with Ron, he stands behind his work.

Yes a nice guy, but have you had your ring are whatever service you received check out to see if it is real???

to Anonymous #1154077

Yes, and it is all real!

Overland Park, Kansas, United States #1128734

Yes the guy is telling the truth, I had very similar experience. I bought a ring believing it was 14 K gold after a couple years I tried to sell it only to find out it wasn't real.

I just took my wife's ring to Jared and it's going to cost over $4000 to remove all the solder and metal that Ron has *added* to my ring. What a joke.

All of the small diamonds are completely covered in metal and the large diamond has more solder than sparkle. Its hard to see it without a jewelers loop.

I would advise everyone to take their jewelry to a real jeweler. This guy should not be creating jewelry.

to Anonymous #1260247

Pictures of this?? I'd like to see the before and after. I'm mostly just curious because $4,000 is a lot of money to make repairs and it sounds like you got taken for a ride with Jared's.

Vella's Jewelry is the best Jewelry I have ever seen he does an amazing job on my jewelry.

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States #902582

Interestingly, the 4 stars you gave don't match the review. I have used this company for years as well and followed them through several relocations.

Ron has demonstrated some amazing creativity when it comes to designing jewelry and making my one of a kind pieces.

He's been up front about the time it takes to get parts and stones ordered and has stood behind his work 100% of the time. I hate that you had one bad experience because all of my experiences have been wonderful and I'd be happy to recommend his services to anyone i know.

to jphilly324 #1122150

I have used Vella ' s jeweler for the last two years and Ron is a great guy. I never had a problem with being over charged or receiving poor service from his store.

I think they are courteous and friendly and always willing to address any need. Thanks Vella's for your great work!